Diesel Mechanic/Driver required for bicycle tour in Africa
Tour d’Afrique, the world’s leading long-distance bicycle tour operator, requires the services of a qualified Diesel Mechanic/Driver for its annual, four-month bicycle race/expedition from Cairo to Cape Town in 2012.
The tour travels through ten African countries, through remote and isolated rural areas where resources are often limited.
The incumbent will need to be in possession of the following skills and experience.
• A qualified diesel mechanic with at least 5 years experience.
• A valid international truck driver license and proof of a clean driver record.
• Must be 25 years or older.
• Experience in left and right hand driving.
• Experience in off-road driving.
• Basic auto electrical skills.
• Good navigation skills.
• Good people skills.
• Must be available from November 2011 to May 2012.
In addition to the above-mentioned, the incumbent will be responsible for:
• The daily logistics, maintenance and smooth running of all the tour vehicles, which includes one Landcruiser and 3 trucks ranging from 3 tons to 16 tons.
• Dealing with and solving all minor and major mechanical issues quickly and efficiently.
• Dealing with border officials to ensure quick and efficient crossing of all the vehicles.
• Supervising the setting up, maintenance and breaking down the daily camps.
• The safety of the passengers while driving.
If you have all the above, as well as an impeccable work ethic, a positive attitude and enjoy working as part of a team, please send your CV and three traceable references to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, visit www.tourdafrique.com